Friday, July 29, 2011

catch up: the zoo

We love the zoo! This summer we've been able to go to the Abilene zoo twice, the first time it was surprisingly rainy and cold and the second time was scorching hot; but both times were super fun!

Jeremy and I were always that young couple that went to the zoo by ourselves while everyone else was there with their kiddos...it was always me and the toddlers trying to squeeze our way to the fence so we could give the giraffe a cracker. Well I have a great excuse now! Thank you Rylee. I am no longer that strange lady who gets excited about the giraffes giant black tongue, but rather an enthusiastic mother sharing with her child the wonders of nature. Did I say that we love zoos?!




We can't wait for our next trip to the zoo!

until next time,
Brit

2 comments:

Ciara said...

I am so jealous! Rylee looks like she loved the zoo. I can't for it to be cool enough for us to take Aubree to the zoo. Can you really feed the animals at the Abilene zoo? If you like giraffes you should check out this hotel in Africa.

http://www.giraffemanor.com/giraffe-manor-gallery.html

Unknown said...

Ciara I think that our next trip is definitely going to have to be to Nairobi Africa! That is the cooolest place ever...giraffes in the front yard?! Awesome.

and yes, you just pay like a quarter or something and get a handful of crackers to give to the giraffes, so fun! (just make sure not to visit them during their lunch...or they're completely uninterested!)