Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Our week

playing with: baby toys! Not just Layton. The big kids have been doing most of their playing in his room with his toys. (And in his bed!) I don't know, I guess it's something new for them but I dig it because we aren't scattered across the whole house - we're all in there together. 

listening to: My playlist these days includes veggie tales and yo Gabba Gabba - I have a veggie tales song from Noah's Arc stuck in my head now :) 

reading: Aside from their day to day books we have started working our way through their Jesus Calling Bible Storybook again. We've read through the entire thing with them a couple times now, but we've started reading a story and doing something that ties to it during the day - we made a giant rice crispy snake with jelly bean eyes the other day for one. Yum :)

eating: warm weather really kills my cooking joy. Just not into it. Let's just eat sandwiches and grill and play outside!

ups: potty training success! (Mostly) Jackson has said goodbye to diapers (woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!) last week it was raining just about non stop, so I decided if we were stuck inside that would be the perfect challenge for the week! I told him we were going to have a peepee party and eat jelly beans and wear underpants - he was totally into it! I'm so proud of the little guy, for a kid who doesn't like change and has a strong gag reflex he has been a star through it! We spent the whole day out on Monday and he didn't have a single accident. The boy is getting lots of high5's and mom and dad are rejoicing at our diaper bill being cut in half!

Downs: Jackson has an awesome imagination. It's rediculous the stuff that kid can come up with - but at night it can turn ugly. This week it has been a parrot in his room that wants to eat his hand. Poor guy! He can't turn his little imagination off at night and it scares him into our bed almost every night. I feel for him because he gets so scared. And that also means there are 4 of us squished in our bed every night.... And then bear joins us in the morning. It's quite a laugh actually. 

Mimi sent rain boots for the kids, so we decided to test them out! They had so much fun playing in the puddles and filled their boots up with water from all the splashing. 




Our life doesn't ever settle down too much, but I feel like we are settling in!

Until next time,
Brit

No comments: